- In Femto-LASIK, the Femtosecond laser is used to create a flap on the cornea.
- The flap layer is then gently lifted up to expose the inner layers of the cornea.
- The Excimer laser is used to reshape the inner layers of the cornea, thus changing the eye’s power.
- Once treated with the Excimer laser, the flap is gently placed back down again in its original position.
Recommended for those who:
- Prefer a much safer, and more precise flap creation method than the traditional blade-LASIK
- Require an alternative to ASA or SMILE
- Have thick corneas or have sufficient cornea thickness for the surgery to be performed safely, or with minimal complications