Advanced Surface Ablation Malaysia
- In ASA, the top skin layer of the cornea (the epithelium) is gently removed to allow the Excimer laser to be applied to the inner layers of the cornea.
- The Excimer laser is used to reshape the inner layers of the cornea, thus changing the eye’s power.
- Once treated with the Excimer laser, a bandage contact lens is then placed over the cornea to protect the treated area.
Recommended for those who:
- Require an alternative to Femto-LASIK or SMILE
- Have thinner corneas
- Have a scar on the cornea (due to previous eye infection or injuries)