- In traditional blade-LASIK, a micro-keratome (blade cutter) is used to create a flap on the cornea.
- The flap layer is then gently lifted up to expose the inner layers of the cornea.
- The Excimer laser is used to reshape the inner layers of the cornea, thus changing the eye’s power.
- Once treated with the Excimer laser, the flap is gently placed back down again in its original position.
Recommended for those who:
- Require an alternative to ASA, Femto-LASIK or SMILE
- Have very thick corneas
- Have a scar on the cornea (due to previous eye infection or injuries)