The Do’s and Don’ts after Lasik
How soon can I travel on an airplane?
Depends on method of surgery. For quicker healing methods such as the Femto-LASIK and Relex SMILE, you can even fly the next day (provided you are given the green light to do so by your doctor during your one day post op check up).
The altitude will not affect the flap in your eye, however, your eyes will feel rather dry when you are on board the airplane. Just use your lubricating eye drops and you should be fine.
For slower healing methods such as ASA, it is recommended that you remain on ground for at least a week.
For the first week, we recommend that you:
- Don’t rub or squeeze your eyes
- Don’t allow sweat to get into your eyes
- Don’t use any makeup around the eye area
- Don’t engage in any rough or body contact sports
- Avoid dusty or smoky places
For the first month, we recommend that you refrain from:
Swimming, sauna, and facial treatment